With the rise in identity theft, Identity Guard has carved a niche for itself as a company who offers identity monitoring services featuring IBM Watson™ Artificial Intelligence. The company offers you strong identity protection services online. This is a detailed review of Identity Guard.
What is Identity Guard?
As per the Federal Trade Commission, identity theft complaints have gone up by 47% since 20141. One of the most effective ways to help protect yourself and your confidential data is by purchasing identity theft protection services.
As a matter of fact, Identity Guard is one of the most popular and trusted identity theft services. Using IBM’s Watson® technology, Identity Guard creates an adaptive and real-time security system to help fight hackers that could potentially harm you. Exceptional features at an affordable price are what makes Identity Guard one of the top identity theft protection services.
Identity Theft Features
The strongest asset of Identity Guard is how it focuses on security. The service uses developed adaptive technology so that they can learn about you. It also helps protect you against potential threats. Identity Guard provides you with early detection warnings by scanning billions of data points online for potential dangers to your identity and your data.
Optimal Fraud Support
When identity fraud does occur, it can be difficult to deal with. In those cases, Identity Guard helps you with every step of the recovery process. The company offers some great tools to get your back on your feet quickly, including $1 million identity theft insurance** and dedicated account managers.
Identity Guard Plans Available
The company offers you six plans to choose from.
Plans for Family
- Value Family Plan – Covers up to two adults and children residing within one household. In addition to monitoring your information on the dark web (such as detecting SSN, credit card numbers, registered financial account numbers, health insurance etc.), they will also monitor your child’s information on the dark web.
- Total Family – Covers up to two adults and all children residing within one household. The Total Family plan includes the same features as the Value Family plan, plus 3-bureau credit changes, alerts for checking and saving account applications, and a monthly credit score*.
- Premier Family Plan – Covers up to two adults and all children residing within one household. This plan includes the same features as the Premier Family plan, plus a 3-bureau credit report and cyberbullying alerts.
Plans for individuals
- Value plan – is a comprehensive identity protection for individuals and is the most affordable plan available at Identity Guard.
- Total Plan – offers extensive protection with more features than the Value plan. This includes monthly credit scores, bank account takeovers, anti-phishing mobile app and safe browsing tools.
- Premier Plan – delivers you the ultimate package of protection. It includes the same features as the Total plan plus a 3-bureau credit report and an analysis of your Facebook timeline.
You can compare both individual and family plans at your discretion at https://www.identityguard.com/compare-plans.html
Overall, the company offers their services at a very competitive rate. You can try it free for 30 days by clicking on any link from this post and will not be charged if you cancel within that time.
Knowing about Identity Protection
What makes Identity Guard better than the others is how they are committed to helping you learn everything about identity theft and the issues relating to it. The company offers complete information on their website regarding identity theft, why it happens, and their services. They offer an amazing database, not to mention a news and insights section that feature the latest articles pertaining to identity theft and online security. They also offer excellent tutorials and security guides. In fact, there is a full section dedicated to documents and forms that you might require in case of any identity fraud.
Why should you choose Identity Guard?
Well, for starters, the parent company of Identity Guard, Intersections Inc., has been in this industry for more than two decades. From credit monitoring to identity theft victim services to unparalleled security focus, the company has protected more than 47 million consumers.
Identity Guard offers some great tools that help you stay protected. One of the favorite features is the comprehensive risk assessment tool that comes with a color indicator to indicate your threat level. You can reduce the risk by resolving any threat. This is an amazing way to stay active about the identity protection. Another feature is that you can visit your profile anytime to edit, add any information thus improving the service’s ability to keep the identity safe.
How to contact Identity Guard Customer Service?
- If you are using Identity Guard – for account unlocks, alert information and any membership queries, you can call on 1-855-443-7748.
- If you are using Identity Guard Classic – for account unlocks, alert information and any membership queries, you can call on 1-800-452-2541.
You can also email them at firstname.lastname@example.org. The customer support will respond to you within 24-48 hours.
Identity Guard Vs LifeLock Vs Experian Identity Protection Services
- Price: Identity Guard offers you a myriad of plans that range from approx. $8 to $32 per month. Each plan comes with a 30 day free trial*** if clicking through a link on netbusinessreview.com.
- Plans: They have separate plans for consumers and for businesses. Identity Guard currently offers two business plans – The Essential Plan and the Total Protection Plan. Businesses can choose for Employee benefits or go for the Breach services package once they have chosen the right plan for their employees.
- Features: as mentioned above, consumer or individual plans offer wallet protection, anti-phishing app, Identity Dashboard, ID vault password protection and much more. The Total Protection and Premier/Platinum consumer plans offer three-bureau credit monitoring, credit analyzer, address change monitoring, public record monitoring, credit scores, PC keyboard encryption software, antivirus software for computer and much more.
- Customer service: Identity Guard has a US-based customer service that can be reached via chat, email or phone.
Identity Guard Reviews
Identity guard has received positive reviews from the majority of users who have reviewed the service on Trustpilot.com. In many reviews, you will find that consumers like the fact that the company has joined hands with IBM Watson thus offering a higher level of identity protection. They appreciate the fact that Identity guard offers $1 million identity theft insurance that applies to every plan. When you consider the Identity Guard price, technology, and vast monitoring services, it’s obvious why many people choose Identity Guard.
Identity Guard is from a company that has been one of the pioneers who fight identity theft. Apart from some limitations, the company offers incredible features and services to help protect you online all the time. With a robust set of identity protection tools and impressive knowledge-base, there is no reason why you shouldn’t choose Identity Guard.
*The score you receive with Identity Guard is provided for educational purposes to help you understand your credit. It is calculated using the information contained in your TransUnion credit file. Lenders use many different credit scoring systems, and the score you receive with Identity Guard is not the same score used by lenders to evaluate your credit.
** Identity Theft Insurance underwritten by insurance company subsidiaries or affiliates of American International Group‚ Inc. The description herein is a summary and intended for informational purposes only and does not include all terms‚ conditions and exclusions of the policies described. Please refer to the actual policies for terms‚ conditions‚ and exclusions of coverage. Coverage may not be available in all jurisdictions.
***Free for 30 days, then automatically renews at a monthly fee for each month thereafter unless cancelled.
If you do not cancel your membership within the free trial period, your card will be charged either a monthly or annual fee, depending on the membership plan you choose. You may cancel your membership anytime simply by contacting us.