College books and many of the school books can be costly, which are not affordable to one and all. Renting these books is much more economical than buying them. The Knetbooks rental is one such initiative where you can rent the books for a specific period of time for a smaller cost. You can use the books and return them within the time frame or extend the time as needed. The books would be easily available, and you don’t have to spend too much on them as well. Let’s know more about this rental service and their benefits.
Benefits of Knetbooks Textbook Rental Service
- Knetbooks textbook rental is affordable to one and all.
- The books have free shipping across the country and for all orders.
- The shipping of the books would be through USPS and you will be receiving messages and tracking details for the shipment.
- You will only have to pay for the rent.
- You can mark the duration in which you need the book.
- You get to extend the rental period if you need the book for an extended time.
- When you want to return the book, before or upon the due date, just print out a pre-addressed label and send it back to the warehouse address. You can get the same from your account, return portion.
- You will receive text messages when the text is in transit or when the due date is approaching.
How does Knetbooks rental work?
- You need to create an account to use the facilities of the Knetbooks.
- Creating an account is easy with your email address and password. You can also use your social media account to sign in to the Knetbooks and for their facilities.
- Search for the needed book by its title or author name.
- Add the book to the cart, pay the rental amount and checkout.
- The book or books will have a free shipping and would reach you soon.
- In the meantime, you will receive tracking details.
- When it is time for the return, print out the prepaid return address label and simply send it back.
- If you are returning it before the due date or within the first 26 days, send an email to the customer service to receive the special prepaid return label where there are no charges.
Taking care of the rented books from Knetbooks
It is highly imperative that you take good care of the book that you have received. Mostly, the book should be in excellent condition. In case you receive a damaged book, intimate the customer service immediately and get the necessary steps done to ensure that you do not end up paying for a damaged item. There are extra charges for a damaged book So, you need to be highly careful. Here are a few tips on how to maintain the rented books.
No highlights, please!
The first point is NOT to highlight the text. If there are important points on the text page, use page markers so that it is easier to reach the important pages. You can stick them to the relevant lines, so it is much easier to find them. Moreover, you can use multiple tags for the same page and yet not damage the book. This is a better option since these stickers are convenient to remove before you return the book. Do note that, a returned text with over 75% highlights in it would be a damaged item and you will have to BUY the book.
Use sticky notes
DO NOT write anything on the pages inside. If you want to add any points in the margin of the textbook, use sticky notes to write down the points and stick them to the respective pages. Writings or marking or any kind, even drawing lines can end up the book in the damaged box.
Keep liquids away
Do not bring any liquids near the book. The moisture can also lead to mold and mildew formation. Any spillage would destroy the book and the book would no longer be eligible for rent next time. You will definitely have to pay for the book. In that unfortunate circumstances, you have to pay for the book with a reduction of the rental amount, which would be considered as paid towards the book price.
Beware of pets
Keep the rented books away from pets. They can damage the book by accident, costing you much more than necessary. They can be cute but not with the books.
There can be situations where the rented textbook goes missing for any reason. In that case, too, you will end up paying for the book. It is important to remember that the rented books are your responsibility from the day you receive the book until you send it back.
Knetbooks Rental Reviews
Knetbooks Textbook rental has got a rating of 7.1 out of 10 from the various users. The reviews are mixed with both happy and unhappy customers. The main complaint has been about the customer service which needs to step up their services to get into the good graces of the users. Yet, in general, the rental service is a hit and the price are also lesser than the nearest competitors.
- Anonymous- “For me, Knetbooks is the best choice. My books arrived promptly and in good condition. There was no highlighting or marking either. The prices are lower. For an MSN student price crucial as every penny count.”
- Cheryl- “Great site! We chose rented books as it saved us money for our college-bound son. The shipping is fast, and the books were in good condition. We will be using it again.”
- User – “Knetbooks has never let me down. I always rent my textbooks from them. It is much more affordable for me. My book arrived quickly. I plan to use them for the rest of my studies as well.”
Knetbooks selling textbooks
If you have expensive textbooks with you which are of no use to you anymore. Contact Knetbooks. They will buy the books from you and pay you well. You just need to contact them for selling the books. The Knetbooks would take care of the shipping and you will get paid. The payment would be on Direct Deposit option.
Knetbooks customer service phone number
For any queries, you can contact the customer service of Knetbooks at,
The customer service works from Monday-Friday from 8.30 am to 6 pm EST. They are not available on Saturdays and Sundays.
Alternately, there is a chat service on the same days, at the same timings as well.
The warehouse address is
Knetbooks, 2415 Palumbo Drive, Lexington, KY 40509
Their email id is firstname.lastname@example.org
Knetbooks Textbook rental Coupons
You can find various Knetbooks textbook rental coupons from Knetbooks website. The coupons are applicable for orders of over $60, 80, and 100 to receive discounts of $3, 4, and 5 respectively. The coupon codes are,
KNETBOOKS3, KNETBOOKS4, and KNETBOOKS5 respectively.
Do be aware that no coupons for the FREE SHIPPING for Knetbooks are valid as all the boos get a default Free shipping option.
You can find the Knetbooks coupons from the various popular websites.
There is a Knetbooks blog where you can find the details about taking care of the rented books, pros and cons of renting books over buying books and other articles regarding the college life, job interviews, and other fun related articles.
If you are a writer, you can also send in your articles that would be published there. For the same, you can contact them at email@example.com.
What is the process of returning the rented books before the due date?
Sign in to your account < Click on Manage rentals/return < Return for free < print label and complete return. Now stick this prepaid label in the shipping cover or box and send it via UPS.
Do I get a refund if I return the book that I find not useful and before the due date?
Yes, a refund will be done for the books that you return within 25 days of issuing. The book must be back in the warehouse within this period to be eligible for the refund. The process of return is the same as mentioned above.
Will the books have the supplementary CDs or other items with it?
Not necessarily. It is not necessary that these supplementary items be with the book as the book is a used one. The access code is applicable only for the printed book. If you need the CD and don’t find it with the book, you may have to purchase them from the publisher.
How do I extend my rental?
You need to sign in, go to the manage rentals or return portal. Here, choose the Purchase or extend button. There, you can extend the rental by 15, 30, 60, 90, or 130 days from the original due date, and then click continue button.
You need to pay more for the extended period as well. Choose the billing address and enter the payment, click continue and place the order.
Knetbooks Textbook Rental is one of the cheapest rental portals for the textbooks. You have more flexibility with this for the books than other websites. The major advantage here is that it is good for your budget and for the environment. There is no need to print more books for the demand. Instead, you can reuse the same books for many years, as long as the users keep the books safe and in condition.